Photos taken by Russell Lee and Jack Delano on April 1941 & March 1942.
- The basement of the Good Shepherd Community Center is largely used for recreational purpose. Russell Lee, April 1941.
- Ida B. Wells Housing Project. Skipping rope at the recreation hall at the community center. Jack Delano, March 1942.
- Boxing is popular at the Good Shepherd Community Center, Chicago, Illinois. Russell Lee, April 1941.
- Boys and girls presenting membership cards at recreational booth in the basement of the Good Shepherd Community Center, Chicago, Illinois. Russell Lee, April 1941.
Trailer Movie: Leo (2012)
LEO is a charming and beguiling adult fairy-tale set in Nairobi, a Metropolitan City in Kenya that is a melting pot of East African culture, art, politics and commerce. It is a story about Maasai boy, raised in a low-income home, achieving his dream against all odds.
This is joyous..
- Junot Diaz (via virginalvalour)